VA IS SUDDENLY A DANGEROUS PLACE TO BE
And the thing is this was SUDDEN and without much warning. My dad does Skywarn and they got activated AS the storms happened (he was coordinating ranger radio calls because there were people trapped on trails in the Blue Ridge Mountains!).
First the earthquake, now this?
And it would all happen when I’m living in a 4th floor single and my boyfriend is in Russia. D:
(P.S. I hope your power holds out! My parents haven’t lost power for longer than a couple hours as of yet, but I know some of my friends are still without it. This is just so ridiculous and terrifying.)
Also, the adventure of yesterday:
- Departed Williamsburg for super fun Winchester trip
- About… two hours in, suddenly we have this light show of the ages (translation: TONS of lightning, but no thunder or rain)
- Then all of a sudden it becomes WINDY AS HELL and starts raining
- We’re talking the car being shaken back and forth by this wind, it was terrifying
- So we pull over into the parking lot of a restaurant to wait it out
- Suddenly, TONS OF LIGHTNING and the power goes out around us
- I screamed. Loudly. This was basically exposure therapy for my thunderstorm phobia. I didn’t enjoy it.
- It comes back on and we decide, ‘FUCK this, we’re seeking shelter in the restaurant’
- When we get in the hostess asks if we’ll be dining in; cutting to the chase, Rachel replies, ‘It’s the apocalypse out there.’
- To which I add, ‘Can we just get some coffee and wait out the storm?’
- Which we did
- It calmed down a bit so we continued on and we found this HUGE tree down across one of the lanes of the highway, but since it was so dark you couldn’t see it until you were almost RIGHT in front of it, so that seemed reeaally dangerous
- And then tonight I got about five texts, three emails and at least two phone calls from my college going ‘SHIT GUYS WE SAW A TORNADO HIDE YO KIDS HIDE YO WIFE THEY DESTROYING EVERYTHING OUT HERE’
- So uh
- this is fun.
Okay so yeah this is actually happening! So far we’re still planning where this might be taking place, the suggestions have been skype and LJ if its going to happen off tumblr.
But I kind of had an idea to make a group for it then we’ll just tag our posts for it Highschool AU and I’ll reblog them all into the group or something so we can keep track of all of them because my blog for one is just a loki rp and not made specifically for the highschool AU (I dont think anyone feels like making new blogs either)
So far the taken characters are
Natasha (yes I gots us a Natasha!)
And possibly Steve?
But everyone else is open, feel free to join in, everyone is welcome! 0:
I do have one other idea for how we can do this, there is a word document thing which requires no log in and allows multiple people to make posts onto it under different colors. It also has a built in instant chat and is only accessible to people who have the link. That could work.
I have to do some searching through my skype archives but I will find it. :0
There’s also the option of a Tinychat room or something, or a Livestream (idk how either of those work)? Hopefully something that can store chat logs at least, for those of us who aren’t on to RP so we can read back through. Does Google Docs support that capability? I have a gmail account so I can chat through there. I also have an AIM account that I haven’t been on in AGES because nobody uses it anymore lol
GoogleDocs could work actually. That way the RP could be in the document part and OOC chat could be in the chat sidebar. It totally has that capability.
… also I’m the Bruce, right? XD Or did I make a bad assumption here?
aaand tornado sighted in Hanover
well Tumblr it was nice knowing you
glad we made it this far o7
DAMMIT, PANDA, THAT’S NO WAY TO SURVIVE!
WHERE’S THAT FIGHTING SPIRIT?!
LET’S SEE YOU GRIT THOSE TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETH!!!!!!
too busy cowering from the lightning
just gonna sit here silently in the only room without any windows
>She’s scared of tornadoes
SHUT UP YOU STUPID SKELETON NOT ALL OF US LIVE IN FUCKNUT TEXAS OK SOME OF US LIVE IN REAL STATES THAT AREN’T TRYING TO KILL US
or some of us came from Texas and were traumatized as children by a tornado and have never been able to deal with it since oh god someone hold me I’m scared
My grandfather has begonias that are descendants of the begonias that Albert Einstein himself personally raised (apparently Einstein really liked begonias).
If the plants take to where they’re planting them, he’s going to pot some for me and once they’re stable drive the begonias down to me so I can keep them in my dorm room.
I will own begonias that came from Albert Einstein.
(Also once I own a very likely permanent place of my own, if there’s a place to do so, he’s going to buy me a cutting from the apple tree that inspired Isaac Newton. My future is full of science-related plants oh my god.)
- Loki would be that not-quite-geek, the drama club president or something who hides his geekiness well but is still semi-popular.
- Thor is obvs the quarterback, the Warriors Three are all first-string players and they all wear their varsity jackets ALL THE TIME BRAH.
- Sif is the cheerleading captain, because she’s the most serious about competing. She only joined the cheer squad because her friends are on the football team, but she likes the position of authority and doesn’t abuse it.
- Steve pitches for the baseball team and the highest-ranked ROTC member and a boy scout so that he can enlist and be an officer in the Army right away. He’s a bit of a hit with the ladies but doesn’t really know how to romance so he mistakes their hitting on him for general niceness. He makes it a point to bring flowers to his female teachers at the end of each year.
- Bruce and Tony are best bros and take all their AP science courses and shop classes together. They’re the co-captains of the Science Olympiad team and Mathletes, run the tabletop RPG club, and host a CoD:MW3 tournament every few months for charity. They run a small computer repair business out of Tony’s basement; Bruce lives on the same block and is constantly at the Stark house.
- Clint does track, but secretly runs the archery booth at the local renaissance faire every summer. He’s that guy in the drama club who is only in it for the stage fight scenes.
- Natasha is the beatnik type. She doesn’t do many activities, but she’s a huge sucker for world lit and usually has her nose in a book while going from class to class. She suprises Steve when she joins ROTC herself for the drill team. She spends lunch periouds with Clint, listening while he tells outlandish stories.
- Erik Selvig is a science teacher that runs AP Chem, AP Bio and AP Physics. They take up his entire day, but he’s fine with it because Tony and Bruce are the only kids he could ever stand to have all. day. long.
- Nick Fury is the Seargant in charge of ROTC, and immediately below him in rank is Maria Hill. Sgt. Fury is known for being a little eccentric. He took the ROTC job after recieving a purple heart for catching shrapnel in his eye, but didn’t want to retire from service. Nobody knows how he pulled the strings to stay in the military while missing an eye.
OMFG YES, SOMEONE WHO SHARES MY VIEW OF THE CHARACTERS PERFECTLY.
I’m so excited I had to get up holy shiiiiit.
*EXCITED BOUNCE* We somehow need to make this happen cause cheesy or not I’m pretty sure it would be fucking great.
I don’t know many rpers nowadays though, especially not for the avengers.
Crazy minds think alike! <3 <3 <3 It would have more cheese than a fondue pot but idgaf it would kick so much ass!
Me neither. The best RPer I know hasn’t seen Avengers yet at all. But a highschool AU would be SO MUCH FUN ugh it’d distract me from college!
JENI what say you?
The one change I’d make is, as some point or another, Sif goes, ‘Fuck this nonesense!’ and forces her way onto the football team herself.
But! I’d totally be up for this. I’d probably make a damn good Bruce. XD
Okay I’m really pleased with the rest of the Doctor Who blends now that I’ve finally put them together, so I’m posting a preview of the flavors now. The links and everything will go public later tonight after I’ve finished the label art <3
- Captain Jack Harkness: [ceylon sonata, rooibos almond, chocolate chip] A smooth, timeless blend guaranteed to charm anyone off their feet. You can take it to bed, but it will probably keep you up all night.
- River Song: [earl grey moonlight, coconut, rooibos lemon cloud] I could describe this tea, but that would be spoilers.
- Rose Tyler: [ceylon sonata, raspberry patch, earl grey lavender] A fun, bright, sweet blend. Painfully loyal and filled with love and comfort. Careful though, can come on a bit strong and may not be to everyone’s taste.
- Martha Jones: [assam melody, sesame, rooibos caramel] A calm, rational tea with an edge of bravery (don’t question how a tea can be brave, it just CAN). The perfect tea for thrill seekers.
- Donna Noble: [irish breakfast, cinnamon, orange] At first glance you may assume this tea is plain, simple and maybe not very interesting, but let it stick around for a while, and you’ll discover what a comforting (and often exciting!) presence it will quickly grow to be.
Martha and Donna sound delicious oh my goodness. Rose sounds interesting, although I’m not sure if it’d be my thing.
roses are red
violets are blue
obama is awesome and doesn’t deserve the shit he’s given on a daily basis because at least he’s trying to better the country and i’d say that after 8 years of being ruled by a dumb as fuck president, there is a lot to fix and most of it can’t be fixed overnight and if you actually think he was going to fix it within four years, then you need to sit down and think about what you’re expecting from one person
and so stop